In the past year my passion for food has risen to the forefront of my day to day life. I have come to realize the power of food to create memories and traditions. The "mess ups" provide opportunity to laugh while the good ones are wonderful to share.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Welcome Fall!!!

I welcome the fall season with open arms! I love everything about fall....the food, the weather, the clothes and the smells.
While it isn't "officially" fall yet, I decided to start the season right with some lovely pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I like muffins because I have better success with them then with loaves of quick breads. The middle is never quite right with the loaves, so muffins are my friends.
I found the recipe on all recipes.com. It isn't bad at all, they are quite yummy! However, next time I think I am going to use brown sugar instead of white and maybe add a bit more pumpkin. I am also going to bake them at 375 instead of 400 degrees. The tops got a little brown.

Ingredients

3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes
.

Over all it was a great way to start off the fall season!!

1 comment:

  1. Those look so yummy. I am looking at recipes on Pintrest for ideas and forcing myself to wait a week before I start taking out the Fall decorations.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your adventures in the kitchen and what you think of mine...share away!