In the past year my passion for food has risen to the forefront of my day to day life. I have come to realize the power of food to create memories and traditions. The "mess ups" provide opportunity to laugh while the good ones are wonderful to share.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Marathon: Day Three!


It has been a crazy couple of days! No matter how well I plan holiday's love to throw me some curve balls, so even though it is a day late I hope you enjoy the story of the next day of my marathon.
For day three I made chocolate bark and added a mix of dried fruit and almonds. I really enjoyed this one. The fruit was a mix of apples, plums, pears and apricots. To add some crunch I just put some sliced almonds on the top. I think it is actually my favorite of the barks.
For the cookies I made my husbands favorite cookies. Oatmeal cookies with crasins, white chocolate chips and macadamian nuts. The original recipe didn't have the nuts, and they are still wonderful without them, but the nuts add a nice bit of crunch.

Oatmeal Crasin White Chocolate Macadamian Nut Cookies
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 lrg eggs
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cup four
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 6 oz package of cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
1/4 cup chopped macadamian nuts

Preheat oven to 375. Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes approx. 2 1/2 doz cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your adventures in the kitchen and what you think of mine...share away!