In the past year my passion for food has risen to the forefront of my day to day life. I have come to realize the power of food to create memories and traditions. The "mess ups" provide opportunity to laugh while the good ones are wonderful to share.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Salsa-ing into Summer!


This summer I want to play around with different kinds of salsa. Salsa's are incredibly healthy and a great way to get your fruits and veggies!!! They are a wonderful refreshing snack.
Yesterday we had friends over for a cookout and I concocted a wonderful fruit salsa. It was great for chips, or I also poured some over cream cheese to make a thicker spread. That was great on crackers.

Fruit Salsa

3 mangoes diced
2 kiwi's with skin off
1 pineapple (I got the kinds in the produce section what was cut and cored)
1/4 cup strawberries
1/4 of a red onion
1/4 cup of cilantro
1/2 jalapeno pepper, without seeds

Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy - do you guys like mangoes? I have a recipe for a fantastic mango avocado salsa we tried the other week I'll have to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be happy to try a peach mango salsa, or that mango avocado salsa, or any really!

    I just made an avocado salsa last week and it was great over our steaks.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your adventures in the kitchen and what you think of mine...share away!