In the past year my passion for food has risen to the forefront of my day to day life. I have come to realize the power of food to create memories and traditions. The "mess ups" provide opportunity to laugh while the good ones are wonderful to share.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Spanish Style Stuffed Peppers

Over the past year I have developed a love affair with chorizo and goat cheese. I have incorporated them into everything from eggs to salads. But the recipe I am most proud of is my Spanish Style Stuffed Peppers. I finally perfected the recipe last night, so I thought I would share!

4 Green or Red Bell Peppers
3 ears of cooked corn, taken off the cob
2 cups of cooked white rice (not instant)
1 lb chorizo sausage, browned
8 oz tomato sauce
1 onion diced
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Spanish Paprika
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tblsp butter
1 Tblsp flour
1 cup milk
8 oz goat cheese

Preheat oven to 350.
Cut peppers in half and scoop out the insides. Place in a 13x9 baking pan. Brown chorizo and onions together. Then add the corn, rice, tomato sauce, cumin, paprika and pepper flakes. Stuff peppers.
Bake them for 45 minutes in oven.
While the peppers are baking, make the goat cheese cream sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add flour and cook until a paste is formed. Add milk, lower heat to low. Cook until it begins to thicken. Add goat cheese and continue cooking until thickens.
Place the peppers on a plate and spoon the cheese sauce on top and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. See that's not fair - I want to eat them now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures? Anywhere? Hmm, I guess you'll just have to make them again so you can post some....;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your adventures in the kitchen and what you think of mine...share away!