In the past year my passion for food has risen to the forefront of my day to day life. I have come to realize the power of food to create memories and traditions. The "mess ups" provide opportunity to laugh while the good ones are wonderful to share.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lemon Bars

When I was recovering from my gall bladder surgery my friends stepped in and provided dinners for my family. The one things my husband couldn't stop talking about was my friend Karen's Lemon Bars. So I had to find out the recipe, and I thought I would share!

Lemon Bars

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup butter melted
4 eggs

2 cups white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan
in a medium bowl stir together 2 cups flour and confectioners sugar. Blend in the melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.

Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.

In a large bowl beat eggs until light combine the sugar, baking powder and 1/4 cup of flour. stir the sugar mixture into the eggs. Finally stir in the lemon juice. Pour over the prepared crust and return to oven
Bake for 30 more minutes

Allow to cool before you cut

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your adventures in the kitchen and what you think of mine...share away!